Photo a day - May

Published on 15th of June 2023
   

It's June, school's over, and summer is finally here. It's a bit late this year, but I am not complaining, heat is not my thing. Don't get me wrong, I don't dislike summer! I am looking forward to spend days (and evenings, because - sunset!) on the beach swimming and splashing and digging in the sand, and all the fruit and summer salads, ice-cream and long evenings on the terrace. It's the heat that I have problem with, my brain just switches off and all I want is to find a cool corner under air conditioning and hide there with the book. 

We've finally started our photo wall. The project was complicated - we wanted a photo and art wall that tells about us, that reminds of Scotland, and has each of the kids equally represented (they checked!). For now it has some framed art, artistic map of St Andrews, photos in vintage frames we had in our home in Scotland, and new photos too. I'm already thinking what else to print, and looking for new frames to expand it.

We've been spending a lot of time on the terrace gardening. Mara still loves digging in the dirt and picking flowers, and watering the floor. This game never gets old! Everything blooms - geraniums, jasmine, lemon trees, succulents. We also have two big boxes with basil and already harvested enough to make pesto! I'm giving another try to growing tomatoes and eggplants too - fingers crossed it will work better than last year.

What else happened in the last weeks - we went to Madonie, to spend a day in Piano Zucchi, explored abandoned railway close to nonno's summer house (nonno is grandfather in Italian), I tried to start a new knitting project but keep struggling with the lacy pattern I want to use, watched the rain making bubbles on the terrace floor, and Mara kept stealing my sweater which inspired a photo of us both wrapped in it. 
































Like what I do? Get in touch, let's chat about photos of your family!

Get in touch!

Piú letti

Photo a day - February

Photo a day - September

I luoghi migliori a Palermo per fotografare la tua famiglia

3 reasons to have your family photos in Villa Giulia park

Photo a day - January

Servizio fotografico di famiglia - offerta speciale

7 motivi per fare il tuo servizio fotografico di famiglia all'aperto

Quanto costa un servizio fotografico di famiglia

9 essential tips for taking great photos of your kids on the beach

Outdoor baby photo session in St Andrews | East Sands and St Andrews Cathedral