Family photo session in St Andrews, West Sands beach


West Sands did not disappoint - beautiful dunes, moody sky, wind. But then, it very seldom does, especially if you do not mind the wind.

We met on a beautiful September evening for this photoshoot with Marion and her daughters. Our destination was the very end of the beach, by the Eden estuary and sand dunes. Marion picked some flowers and decorated Keira's curls, girls shared some secrets and treasures found in the sand, wind was playing with Keira's hair. And me - I was observing it all as it unfolded in front of me, and clicking along. I often tell my clients that photo-session is like going for a walk together - this one was no exception. I am a very silent companion on such a walk - I might suggest something interesting if I see beautiful spot or some nature details that would make beautiful background for you. But more often I just follow what's happening and how you enjoy this beautiful walk and your time together.

From Marion: "Very relaxed photo shoot for even the most camera shy of subjects! Love the inclusion of beautiful landscapes and the natural family moments captured. Julia's attention to detail and creativity are there from start to finish, with an excellent guidance leaflet on colour palettes for clothing in different landscapes (something important that we wouldn't have thought about) through album design and even the beautifully gift wrapped final delivery. Can highly recommend."

Here are some more from this photo-session.





















Like what I do? Get in touch, let's chat about photos of your family!

Get in touch!

Piú letti

Servizio fotografico Natale 2023

Buono regalo per un servizio fotografico

Servizio fotografico di famiglia - offerta speciale

What to wear for family photos (2023, spring and summer)

Come vestirsi per la tua sessione fotografica

Photo a day - September

9 essential tips for taking great photos of your kids on the beach

7 motivi per fare il tuo servizio fotografico di famiglia all'aperto

I luoghi migliori a Palermo per fotografare la tua famiglia

Quanto costa un servizio fotografico di famiglia