Villa Giulia is a park in historic center of Palermo. It has its origins in 18th century and is remarkable for its perfect square shape with diagonal alleys dividing the park in different sections. Marble statues and fountains, a sundial, shady alleys and open spaces, and wide variety of trees and shrubbery make it a popular spot both with locals and tourists. If you'd like your family photos to have lush green background with a touch of special Sicilian atmosphere, this park definitely should be considered. It ticks all the boxes - plenty of space, nice surroundings, easy access, lots of options for things to do during your photo shoot to get natural and emotional images (anyway we don't do posed photos on the benches or next to flowering shrubs!). Here are my top 3 reasons why villa Giulia is a great location for family photo sessions. Reason 1 Lots of space and diversity. The park has an alley with Ficus trees, a little bamboo forest, a hill with cacti and succulen...
So many favourites from this photo session, I had hard time deciding what to include in this blog. It was too sunny, too windy, a bit chilly for Scottish May evening. Natalie was concerned about her hair that wanted to fly away all the time, I was concerned about too strong sunshine despite evening hours, comfortable natural poses for pregnancy photos and a ton of other things I usually think and worry about before I shoot. We met at their home and took some pictures there, chatted and did some silly things. Then we went for a walk and chatted some more, and did more silly things. It was lovely and very relaxed walk, with the wind, the sun, bluebells, beautiful Coastal Path and rocks on East Sands. And the posing - it turned out just fine.
I've been exploring fine art portraiture. I am glad I have a model who can be made easily available. Or convinced. Or bribed. With frappuccino in Starbucks, for all that matters. I have more portraits, still unedited, and something stops me there. The perks of being perfectionist and trying to fix something that you cannot even grasp, you just feel that its wrong or not yet ready. This is part of my creative journey. And I want to leave these words here, that I read recently and they struck a cord. "Very little grows on jagged rock. Be ground. Be crumbled. So wildflowers will come up where you are. You have been stony for too many years. Surrender". There is a lesson here that I am still learning, the light I am still searching. Photographs are copyright of Julia Pagano Photography. Julia Pagano specializes in candid natural light photography of babies, toddlers and families, as well as children portraiture in St Andrews and Fife, as well as D...
Published on 8th of June 2021 This collection is mostly from May - as it takes some time to go through the photos, sort and organise them, and do some editing. Everything outside is green, blooms and grows, and waking barefoot on fresh grass feels so good after winter. Mara too grew some cheeks and rolls, she keeps giggling and trying to ooo and aaa back to her siblings. Evenings get longer, our walks get longer too. Mara has quite flexible schedule, and is happy to sleep in the baby bag if we are outside. We are completely done with pumping, still we check her weight regularly to be sure she is growing well. Soon we can try giving her other foods, a big milestone. I am sad we are already almost there, time goes by way too fast. I'd like for things to slow down, knowing that Mara is our last baby. Clothes that get small, bonnets I finally figured out how to do after multiple trial and error, new expressions and new moves she masters almost every day now. She also has disc...
Every family is beautiful. Every family has its story. This one, I was humbled and honoured to witness all this love. I read recently that family photographers work in love business. It did not exactly make sense to me. Now I understand. I cannot thank you enough for this, Anna. Photographs are copyright of Julia Pagano Photography. Julia Pagano specializes in candid natural light photography of babies, toddlers and families, as well as children portraiture in St Andrews, Cupar and Fife, as well as Dundee.
This was our special photo project for 2017, hers and mine. We were supposed to do a portrait a week. It was interesting, useful and a challenge in more than one way. Some weeks we did more, than we had weeks of doing nothing. Sometimes we both were excited, later we both hated it - each of us for different reasons. Yet we are proud with results. Here are my favourites, and some of them I am getting printed. Quite large :-) Photographs are copyright of Julia Pagano Photography. Julia Pagano specializes in candid natural light photography of babies, toddlers and families, as well as children portraiture in St Andrews and Fife, as well as Dundee.
A new beginning, not quite there yet but you can feel it. How he or she kicks or hickups, how your body changes because of the little miracle it's working on. All the tiny clothes you bought and folded with so much love. All the grainy ultrasound images which you see more with your heart than with your eyes. Pregnancy is a short period in life of a woman, and the weeks when you proudly show your bump are even shorter. And so special. And then the little miracle you made comes to this world, to your arms, and you are absorbed by the haze and beauty of first days with your new little most favourite human. Photograph is one of the few things that can capture these fleeting moments and bring them back to life, to remind you how messy and perfect it all was and how tiny they felt in your arms. That's what my maternity and newborn photo sessions are about. And you can win one! What's included: - 40 min maternity photo session in an outdoor location in St Andrews, to ta...