Pink guitar, we have it bad - but matches well with a little girl in pink. The rock-n-roll issue is a big question, at least for now. But we tried - the strings, the taste and the feel of it :-)
A personal project I've been working on these past weeks. It took a while to figure out the pattern and overall scheme, as I felt like experimenting and could not really settle on a specific model. I wanted something lacy for this simple linen yarn, and the pattern had to be simple enough that I could still read or watch documentaries with kids while knitting. The cardigan is for Maya, who was regularly coming to check my progress and to make sure it's really for her. Oh well :-) I've started the next project as well - in olive green, for autumn maybe, hopefully? I have some ideas for embroidered flowers in the front or around pockets, if I make pockets - should I? This one is also for Maya, and she also is not sure about the pocket issue. Let's see how it goes, and if my starting and never finishing knitting trend will remain true, or if any of these will actually be completed and get to be used. There are other knitting project ideas on my Pinterest board and ot...
Maya is a climber. There are very few safe surfaces which she did not manage to climb on yet in this house. Kitchen table - done. Beds - done a while ago, the only one remaining is high sleeper of Masha. She can do it, but with help. Sofa and armchair - peanuts. Sink in the bathroom - no problem. One of the latest climbing adventures is to go on the toilet, and then on top of the water container to flush the toilet. When she climbs somewhere and cannot get back down, she just shouts for somebody to come and rescue her. Life is that simple. This bench was a great change from the usual home climbing routine. She climbed up, sat down, stood up, looked around, went down. Then repeated. Like five times, and would've done more if I'd let her. As fun as it was, we had to go to school. Till next time, bench!
I have a secret. It is about magic, so do not tell anybody! It is a very magical trick! We got this idea with Matteo to fill a hat with autumn leaves and play around. This is what we've got :-)
I know, it is Xmas time, so autumn photos are somewhat out of date. But I have some nice ones to share, and I had creative break to experiment with my photo editing, and work on some other photography projects. So I am sharing them now :). I had some ideas, the individuals involved had others. Sometimes I get carried away with my own ideas, which they did not want to do. I still need to remind myself to let go and let it be. I get nice stuff this way too, not what I wanted, but full of real emotions and laughter. These were made on one of the last warm autumn days, when rolling on the grass was still OK and leaves were down, but nice and dry and crunchy. Not dripping wet as we were hit by a rain season. So rolling in the leaves and grass we did. We have started in the park, where all the shouting, grass rolling, leaves throwing and laughing took place. Then we continued to the harbour, where we wanted to do some silhouette shots with Matteo. We piled up l...
St Andrews has a harbor, and there is even a lighthouse. Not a large and fancy-looking one, it is more like a large torch, but it is there. We continued to East Sands beach and with its playground and nice green area for running and rolling in the grass. We found a dandelion, the poor thing has missed its season. Matteo had its way with it :-)
Once upon a time... This was a fairy tale story running in our house theater. And the prince was missing - what can we do without a prince? Who will be the hero, how should the story go? The villains we had, the beautiful princess too. The performance had to be saved, and puppet master had hard time. So - the princess went for a walk with a pirate, who left her in the middle of the jungle and she was nearly eaten by a tiger. The good monkey and elephant saved her, and they went to play together. The moral of the story? A good princess should not trust a pirate. And also monkey likes to be a hero sometimes :-)
Today we celebrate women. Strong, independent and beautiful. Mothers and daughters. Scientists and artists, politicians and engineers and stay-at-home moms. Honored to have a job that allows me to witness and capture the beauty of womanhood. To celebrate today and every day ❤️