Colours of summer - blooms and nature details


These photos were taken during several walks in St Andrews and Craigtoun park, something I do as a treat for myself when kids are busy with other things, when I feel like I need some quiet time to just be creative and make something beautiful. I love finding little details, like water droplets or patterns and textures in foliage - little things that make beautiful even more beautiful. It's almost like they call me and draw the eye, and my camera. There are so many colours and textures in late spring and beginning of summer, so many treats for the eye after long and brown winter.

Tips for photographing nature and nature details.

Pay attention to light and shadow if photographing on a sunny day. We often have very bright sunshine with strong shadows in the summer - you can get beautiful results if you play with it and use shadows for your advantage. Or take photos on a cloudy day - most of the ones below were. Some I also took when it was raining - just be careful that you don't get too much water on your camera or phone. I used our large golf umbrella. Find your main model - specific flower or leaf, or if you focus on a pattern - think which lines or texture do you want to capture. Then look through the viewfinder and come as close as possible, to remove everything from the frame that does not belong. When editing nature photos, I often play with contrast and sharpness, especially if there are water droplets, so that they look nice and shiny.

Here's my recent collection of blooms, and you can download any or all here, if you'd like to print them or use as phone or computer wallpaper. Enjoy!


























Piú letti

Servizio fotografico Natale 2023

Buono regalo per un servizio fotografico

Servizio fotografico di famiglia - offerta speciale

What to wear for family photos (2023, spring and summer)

Come vestirsi per la tua sessione fotografica

Photo a day - September

9 essential tips for taking great photos of your kids on the beach

7 motivi per fare il tuo servizio fotografico di famiglia all'aperto

I luoghi migliori a Palermo per fotografare la tua famiglia

Quanto costa un servizio fotografico di famiglia