Here is a small part of our photographic adventures with my daughter. One could think there are just so many ways to photograph the same face - yet, every time something new appears.
I know, it is Xmas time, so autumn photos are somewhat out of date. But I have some nice ones to share, and I had creative break to experiment with my photo editing, and work on some other photography projects. So I am sharing them now :). I had some ideas, the individuals involved had others. Sometimes I get carried away with my own ideas, which they did not want to do. I still need to remind myself to let go and let it be. I get nice stuff this way too, not what I wanted, but full of real emotions and laughter. These were made on one of the last warm autumn days, when rolling on the grass was still OK and leaves were down, but nice and dry and crunchy. Not dripping wet as we were hit by a rain season. So rolling in the leaves and grass we did. We have started in the park, where all the shouting, grass rolling, leaves throwing and laughing took place. Then we continued to the harbour, where we wanted to do some silhouette shots with Matteo. We piled up l...
St Andrews has a harbor, and there is even a lighthouse. Not a large and fancy-looking one, it is more like a large torch, but it is there. We continued to East Sands beach and with its playground and nice green area for running and rolling in the grass. We found a dandelion, the poor thing has missed its season. Matteo had its way with it :-)
This story started in May and still goes on, as Masha is working on ballerina sculpture in her art class with Jaclyn Stuart. The children were learning about Alberto Giacometti and his sculptures, and made some of their own artwork with wire, tape and colors. Colors are still to come, as well as tutu - so to be continued
Some impressions from our week on Favignana, a little island west of Sicily. Beach, lunch, nap and more beach, watching sunset by the sea. These are the days. In the mix are also books, some games, football, random ice-cream trips. We are going around the island checking out different swimming places and exploring best rocks for jumping. Our favourite spots so far are Cala Rotonda and Grotta Perciata. On one of the days we skipped afternoon sea and visited the museum in the Tonnara. Here are more from our island life - mostly beach - adventures. More personal updates More beach photography ...
I'm often asked, what do we do during our photo shoot, and what do we need to bring with us? The answer to the first one is - do you have a favourite activity, or something you usually do when outside? No worries if not, or if every walk is a new adventure (our family walks are often like this, so I understand!). Here's a list of 5 simple activities and games for the beach that kids love (and adults too!), and that result in great natural photos. We did most of it during this family photo session on West Sands with little Noah and his baby brother. Most of these activities don't require any additional toys or equipment, which is great if you plan to walk and move around, and don't feel like dragging with you bags of toys and stuff. The few things I always have for a walk on the beach, and suggest to my clients are water, wipes and change of clothes. Treasure hunting Shells, rocks and sea glass are the obvious choice for this. Can also be funny-looking seaweed, sticks ...
A personal project I've been working on these past weeks. It took a while to figure out the pattern and overall scheme, as I felt like experimenting and could not really settle on a specific model. I wanted something lacy for this simple linen yarn, and the pattern had to be simple enough that I could still read or watch documentaries with kids while knitting. The cardigan is for Maya, who was regularly coming to check my progress and to make sure it's really for her. Oh well :-) I've started the next project as well - in olive green, for autumn maybe, hopefully? I have some ideas for embroidered flowers in the front or around pockets, if I make pockets - should I? This one is also for Maya, and she also is not sure about the pocket issue. Let's see how it goes, and if my starting and never finishing knitting trend will remain true, or if any of these will actually be completed and get to be used. There are other knitting project ideas on my Pinterest board and ot...