Monday morning. We built a house, made some lego mess, did some laundry, made some music. Took a nap, chewed on some books. The usual start of the week :-)
This is our reading club. Not all members could attend, so the reading plan was adjusted accordingly. Meet the members - as you see, interest, and taste in a good book is encouraged from very young.
St Andrews has a harbor, and there is even a lighthouse. Not a large and fancy-looking one, it is more like a large torch, but it is there. We continued to East Sands beach and with its playground and nice green area for running and rolling in the grass. We found a dandelion, the poor thing has missed its season. Matteo had its way with it :-)
A personal project I've been working on these past weeks. It took a while to figure out the pattern and overall scheme, as I felt like experimenting and could not really settle on a specific model. I wanted something lacy for this simple linen yarn, and the pattern had to be simple enough that I could still read or watch documentaries with kids while knitting. The cardigan is for Maya, who was regularly coming to check my progress and to make sure it's really for her. Oh well :-) I've started the next project as well - in olive green, for autumn maybe, hopefully? I have some ideas for embroidered flowers in the front or around pockets, if I make pockets - should I? This one is also for Maya, and she also is not sure about the pocket issue. Let's see how it goes, and if my starting and never finishing knitting trend will remain true, or if any of these will actually be completed and get to be used. There are other knitting project ideas on my Pinterest board and ot...
I know, it is Xmas time, so autumn photos are somewhat out of date. But I have some nice ones to share, and I had creative break to experiment with my photo editing, and work on some other photography projects. So I am sharing them now :). I had some ideas, the individuals involved had others. Sometimes I get carried away with my own ideas, which they did not want to do. I still need to remind myself to let go and let it be. I get nice stuff this way too, not what I wanted, but full of real emotions and laughter. These were made on one of the last warm autumn days, when rolling on the grass was still OK and leaves were down, but nice and dry and crunchy. Not dripping wet as we were hit by a rain season. So rolling in the leaves and grass we did. We have started in the park, where all the shouting, grass rolling, leaves throwing and laughing took place. Then we continued to the harbour, where we wanted to do some silhouette shots with Matteo. We piled up l...
It has started with family picnic at St Andrews Cathedral (we already had one photo shoot here). Then some random seagull wanted to join. Then we did some flower picking, crawling, running, and kissing. Then came races, and shenanigans. Some participants did not take the start command seriously. And some daddy moment :-)
We went to Lade Braes, our urban forest, to enjoy autumn colors and bits of sunset through the trees, throw leaves and sticks in the river, and forage for forest treasures.
Once upon a time... This was a fairy tale story running in our house theater. And the prince was missing - what can we do without a prince? Who will be the hero, how should the story go? The villains we had, the beautiful princess too. The performance had to be saved, and puppet master had hard time. So - the princess went for a walk with a pirate, who left her in the middle of the jungle and she was nearly eaten by a tiger. The good monkey and elephant saved her, and they went to play together. The moral of the story? A good princess should not trust a pirate. And also monkey likes to be a hero sometimes :-)